MISA is a large-scale provincial initiative to increase provincial, district and school capacities to work with data and information to support improved student achievement.
London Region PNC
The London Region MISA Professional Network Centre is a network of dedicated educational professionals, made up of member school boards encompassing the Windsor-Niagara Corridor of Ontario, including the counties/regions of Essex, Kent, Haldimand, Hamilton, Niagara, Lambton, Middlesex, Waterloo, Oxford, Huron, Perth, and Brant.
The Ontario Ministry of Education has established seven MISA Professional Network Centres (PNCs) throughout the province. These centres function as linked professional learning communities providing leadership and support to Boards, Schools and School Authorities.
The London PNC continuously strives to support the local capacity building components of the MISA initiatives by fostering a culture of evidence-informed decision-making through communication, sharing of resources, innovation, and collaboration. We strive to…
- Promote evidence-based decision-making at the classroom, school and system levels that enhance student achievement
- Collaborate and share professional learning within our member boards regarding managing information for student achievement
- Support data management procedures that result in complete, accurate, reliable, valid, and relevant data
- Develop ethical procedures in the collection, analysis, interpretation and communication of data related to student learning, demographics, perceptions, and school processes
- Highlight research-based best practices to inform policy, procedures and practices among our member boards